Branch Chipping for Sheffield Village residents
Branches are chipped periodically beginning in April and ending in October.
Branches must be placed in an orderly manner at the street.
This service is provided for general maintenance.
Please call the Service Department at 440.949.6209 for pick up.
Curbside Rubbish, Recycling, & Yard Waste
Republic Services manages the rubbish, recycling & yard waste program in Sheffield Village.
- We utilize the cart system of collection.
- Blue carts are for regular garbage
- Green carts are for loose, bulk recyclables.
- Carts should be placed within 3 feet of curb, with arrows facing the street and at least 3 feet apart.
- Bulk items are picked up on the 3rd full work week of each month.
- All grass clippings and other yard waste should be placed in brown paper yard waste bags and placed next to the recycling cart.
- Brush and small tree trimmings must be cut, bundled and securely tied, not exceed 4 feet in length or 40 lbs. in weight, and be placed next to the recycling cart.
Please have all cart containers out for pickup by 6:00am. When a holiday falls on or before your regular pickup day, your pickup will be the next business day. The holidays that affect collection are:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Customer inquiries and complaints should be directed to Republic Services Customer Service (offsite link).
Republic Services Customer Service Department
8:00am to 5:00pm
1-800-433-1309 or 440-458-5191
Garfield Cemetery was formally established in 1851 on a sandy ridge on North Ridge Road (now Detroit Road). The cemetery lies near the southern boundary of Sheffield Village and is located to the east of the historic Sheffield Village Hall at 4820 Detroit Road.
Graves are available for purchase at the following cost:
Please contact Cemetery Superintendent Leah Prunty at 440-934-1453 between 8am - 4pm M - F, for information or to set up an appointment. Email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cemetery Decorations Policy
- All seasonal/holiday flowers, potted plants or wreaths will be removed and discarded by our Village Service employees who mow the cemetery if not removed by family members after the season has passed.
- Fresh flowers will be removed as needed during mowing season.
- Permanent plantings of shrubs, bushes or trees on lots and graves is prohibited. The Cemetery will remove any plantings that do not conform to the landscape plans for the grounds.
- Winter November 1 – March 15
- Spring / Summer March 16 – August 31
- Fall September 1 – October 31