Sheffield Village Water Department

The Sheffield Village Water Department is licensed by the EPA.  

  • The Water Department is located at 4480 Colorado Ave. in Sheffield Village. 
  • The office hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.
  • Questions concerning water service including start and termination can be answered by contacting the main office at 440-949-6210 during regular business hours.
  • Emergency and off-hours contact 440-949-6155.
  • Water bills are payable monthly but are read quarterly.

Payments are accepted by:  

  • Mail to: PO Box 75610, Cleveland, Ohio 44101-4755
  • In person at the Water Department Office (4480 Colorado Avenue, Sheffield Vlg, Oh. 44054)
  • Night Drop Box at the Water Department Office
  • Direct checking withdrawal 

Download the following forms from our document library:  

NOTE: Applicant must come to the Water Department with proper photo identification to start water service.


What is backflow? Backflow is a reversal of the normal direction of flow within a piping system.  A backflow preventer is a device that is installed on a piping system that allows water to flow in one direction but never in the opposite direction.  Its sole job is to prevent drinking water from being contaminated due to backflow.

How to comply:

Residential Compliance- All residential irrigation systems must have an approved, testable device that is tested annually and the results sent to the Sheffield Village Water Department.  All irrigation systems must have a Pressure Vacuum Breaker (PVR). 

Commercial Compliance- All commercial properties are required to have a Reduced Pressure (RP) device on the domestic water service.  All fire systems require a Double Check Valve (DCV).  All backflow devices must be tested annually.




© Sheffield Village | Powered by Aespire